The Fisher King is a movie about "a radio DJ, suicidally despondent because of a horrible mistake he made, finds redemption in helping a deranged homeless man who was a victim of it." (copied directly from the link) This seems not quite coincidental with the actual wiki entry for "Fisher King". Perhaps the movie will prove interesting and be worth a blog entry. I anticipate some level of frustration as the file comes with hard coded french subs.
As for the Windhover...
I think I'm one of those people who is excessively critical about poetry. I don't like the Windhover. I don't see anything interesting in it. I do see a good deal of stuff IN it. However it doesn't hold my attention. I could bash it but that's not constructive.
I think it reads like a homoerotic love poem. Hopkins wiki confirms this. The first paragraph is the warm up. The next three lines are the finish. The last three lines are mushy/messy afterwords. Does that make this some fantastic lofty poem worth discussing in class? No. We had a whole bunch of dots handed to us in class but I don't see any uniting threads/themes which make it worth of it's alleged fame. So that doesn't help either.
Honestly, I'd call this over represented love poetry. I have read better poems in Greg Keelers creative writing class. Maybe I haven't read Windhovers enough to "get it" yet but I can tell you I'm probably never going to read it again. The only bright point is coming across a link in Hopkins wiki entry for Wasteland in relationship to mythology. It might prove useful for my project as a focus point if I use any hero imagery.
SCRIPT MUTASI BANK
-
kami menjual script mutasi bank suport 2 bank (mandiri & bca) .aplikasi
mutasi ini bisa mngirim notif sms dan email sehingga anda bisa memntau
secara real...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment